Repointing Brickwork Services in Dublin
There is something about the stone and brick walls that simply captivates the beholder. These walls are the epitome of beauty and durability, and their value seems to grow with age. However, nothing lasts forever. With time, the bricks and their joints develop cracks and water starts permeating these cracks, stagnating there, while it slowly eats away at both the beauty and durability of the structure.
Moisture and temperature change are the biggest enemies of a building’s brick wall, causing damage to masonry and concrete. They have caused some of the most common problems that can result from harsh weather or improper use of materials or techniques in the original construction.
Newform Group believe that health and safety is of paramount importance when completing brickwork services projects, not only to individual employees but also to the reputation of the company and its clients. We have established a health and safety record that we believe to be the best in the industry.
Why Repoint Your Brickwork?
Gaps in the mortar caused over time by weathering and decay not only look bad but can let in water, which through constant freezing/thawing and subsequent salt deposits can cause long-term damage.
The water can get into the cavity itself and start to cause damp problems, especially you have insulated cavity walls.
If you can easily see open joints around the mortar bed, then it is time to think about repointing.
The Benefits of Repointing Brickwork
Brick pointing is the most effective way of restoring the condition and physical appearance of a building structure, and it forms an essential part of overall and ongoing building maintenance. Among other advantages of brick pointing, it will:
- Repair the structural integrity of your building’s brickwork.
- Ensure weatherproofing in your walls.
- Restore the overall appearance and brickwork of your home.
- Maintain or significantly increase the overall value of your home or property.
- Reduce any ongoing maintenance on your brickwork.
Repointing will also aid with:
- Conservation – maintaining the original character of older (listed) buildings.
- Visual appeal – keeping more modern buildings looking good and holding their aesthetic value.
- Pollution damage – city properties suffer from the effects of pollution from all forms of transport as well as the everyday use of fossil fuels.
- Property value – first impressions count! If your property doesn’t look up to scratch, it is immediately devalued.
- Salability – as above, but compounded if a survey shows your property performance to be sub-standard.